EXE VALE FISHERY: QUALITY DAY TICKET FLY FISHING IN DEVON!
Newly open in 2023, we are delighted to offer quality day ticket fly fishing for trout, and also the option of winter grayling fishing near Tiverton! For too long, game fishing on the River Exe has been a closed shop, reserved for the few with the right chums /postcode/ wealthy ancestors. Not any longer! Offering excellent fly fishing near Exeter, Crediton and Cullompton, John Deprieelle and Dom Garnett can offer bookable day ticket access, with several hundred yards of excellent water. The fishery also offers a degree of exclusivity, with only one angler or two friends permitted each day.
Day ticket trout and winter grayling fishing
Featuring a deep pool, steady glides and faster, broken water sections, the fishing here is varied and perfect for a day’s sport. So far, the water has been very lightly fished- with both trout and grayling to 16″+ present! Dry fly works well through the summer, with small F-Flies and Klinkhamers producing, but with lots of caddis and freshwater shrimp, buggy wet flies such as Hare’s Ear and Czech Nymphs also succeed.
Waders are a must to access most of the water.
PLEASE NOTE: FISHING MUST BE PRE-BOOKED AND PAID FOR IN ADVANCE
For available dates, maps and further info, contact John Deprieelle:
07940 762411 / Email: email@example.com
FISHERY PRICES AND RULES
FLY FISHING FOR TROUT: £15 per day/ or £25 shared by two anglers. (Season March 15- Sept 30)
WINTER GRAYLING FISHING: £15 per day/ £25 two anglers (Season: Nov 1st to Feb 28th)
GUIDED SESSION: Click here for current half and full day rates
- Fly fishing only from March to Sept.
- Bait fishing is permitted from October to February.
- Barbless hooks and flies only please.
- All fish to be returned as carefully as possible. We are a strictly catch-and-release fishery, with no exceptions. Please keep fish wet and handle as little as possible
- Salmon fishing is permitted on a trout ticket- but you must have the relevant EA licence and all fish must be released.
- Winter grayling fishing: Please strike bites early and treat this fragile fish carefully. One rod per angler only. We’d recommend taking any pictures of fish in a wet net rather than “grip and grin” style. Any trout or salmon caught out of season must be released immediately – no weighing or photography permitted.
- Please respect the fishery and don’t disturb wildlife. Any issues to be reported to us immediately, please.
- In the event of heavy rain, we offer a “wash off” policy. Please contact us to re-book your session on another, more suitable day.
- Juniors fish free- but must be at least 12 years of age and accompanied by an adult.
- The fishery accepts no liability for any loss or accidents. It is your responsibility to fish safely, with due care and attention.